Plan of proposed new facilities
Your support is crucial to help us provide new state of the art multi-sport facilities for Kingsbury High School.
We are bringing forward plans, in partnership with Powerleague, for a new state of the art multi-sport facility on our Bacon Lane campus.
We are aware that there is some localised opposition who are making claims about the scheme based on inaccurate misinformation. The facilities would provide a fantastic new resource for our school, enhancing our sports curriculum and enabling us to broaden our extra-curricular offer. They would also offer significant benefits for the health and development of our pupils.
The scheme, which has been designed to address the needs of the school but would be completely financed by Powerleague, would include:
- One large 11-a-side hybrid football / hockey pitch
- One multi-sport pitch (MUGA)
- Four standard 5-a-side pitches
- Two cricket nets
Throughout term time, the new facilities would be available solely for school use during normal school hours. A broad range of further school improvements would also be carried out as part of the scheme, including refurbishment of both of our sports halls, improvements to other grass playing fields on the site and redecoration of the existing changing rooms. A new clubhouse would also be constructed, providing additional new changing rooms for our pupils to use.
As part of the partnership agreement, the facility would be hired out by Powerleague outside of school hours. The facility would not be licensed to sell alcohol and Powerleague already operates a number of sites in partnership with Educational Institutions which are not licensed to sell alcohol.
A planning application for this scheme has now been submitted and your support will be vital in order to help us achieve permission for these fantastic new facilities.
If you would like to show your support, please either:
Or if you prefer, you can use the following alternative methods below:
- Email email@example.com but please make sure to use the reference number 16/0994 and include your full name and postal address.
- Write a letter to the case officer, Victoria McDonagh, at Brent Council, Brent Civic Centre, Engineers Way, Wembley, HA9 0FJ, making sure to quote the reference number 16/0994 and include your full name and postal address.
Every supportive comment, email and letter is crucial, and some of the points that you may want to consider referring to include:
- The proposed site is often waterlogged and practically unusable between November and March each year, preventing delivery of the desired range and quality of teaching;
- The need for new sports facilities to enhance the existing sports curriculum and improve the extra-curricular offer for pupils;
- We have aspired for many years to construct artificial turf pitches for year-round use but have been unable to independently finance the investment;
- Pupils have to travel off-site for lessons, reducing the teaching time available and incurring additional costs for the school;
- There would be significant knock-on benefits for other schools in the local area through the Kingsbury High School School Sports Partnership.
We hope that you will be able to show your support for this scheme. Your support will play a key role in helping us to make our plans for greatly enhanced sports facilities at Kingsbury High School a reality.
If you have any queries about the scheme and would like to talk to a member of the development team, please call 0800 080 3163 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.