We need your help now so that we can provide a new high-quality multi-sport facility for our students at Kingsbury High School.
As you will recall, we wrote to you in April last year regarding our unique opportunity to provide a new multi-sport facility through our partnership with Powerleague. The multi-sport facility would provide: one 11-a-side hybrid football / hockey pitch; one multi use games area (MUGA) pitch; four standard 5-a-side pitches; two cricket nets; and a programme of refurbishment for our existing facilities.
We would like to thank you for all the support that we have received so far as it makes a huge difference in helping us to deliver these facilities, but we do need to ask for your help again.
Our planning application is currently going through the normal planning process at Brent Council and a second consultation on these proposals is being carried out until Tuesday 30th May. The reasons for this second consultation are because the relevant planning officer at the Council has changed and our development team has submitted additional technical information, as requested by the Council.
It is crucial that your voice is heard again as part of this consultation, so that we can show Brent Council how important this new facility would be for Kingsbury High School. Your backing is vital in helping us to achieve permission for these fantastic new facilities.
Please show your support in one of the following ways before Tuesday 30th May:
• Visit https://www.brent.gov.uk/services-for-residents/planning-and-building-control/planning-and-building-control-searches/, click on ‘Search planning applications now’ and enter the application reference number 16/0994 (which is unique to this application). There is a tab labelled View / Make Comments where, after a simple registration process, you will be able to leave a comment.
• Email email@example.com but please make sure to use the reference number 16/0994.
• Write a letter to the case officer, Terry Natt, at Brent Council, Brent Civic Centre, Engineers Way, Wembley, HA9 0FJ, making sure to quote the reference number 16/0994.
Every supportive comment, email and letter helps us to move one step closer to our aim of delivering these high-quality sporting facilities for our students. Some of the points that you may want to consider referring to include:
• The proposed site is often waterlogged and practically unusable between November and March each year, preventing delivery of the desired range and quality of teaching.
• The need for new sports facilities to enhance the existing sports curriculum and improve the extra-curricular offer for pupils.
• We have aspired for many years to construct artificial turf pitches for year-round use but have been unable to independently finance the investment.
• Pupils have to travel off-site for lessons, reducing the teaching time available and incurring additional costs for the school.
• There would be significant knock-on benefits for other schools in the local area through the Kingsbury High School School Sports Partnership.
• The facilities would offer significant benefits for the local community through a Community User Agreement which would allow free use of the facilities for local community groups at specified times.
We thank you very much for your ongoing support.