We need your help now so that we can provide a new high-quality multi-sport facility for our students at Kingsbury High School.
As you will recall, we wrote to you in April last year regarding our unique opportunity to provide a new multi-sport facility through our partnership with Powerleague. The multi-sport facility would provide: one 11-a-side hybrid football / hockey pitch; one multi use games area (MUGA) pitch; four standard 5-a-side pitches; two cricket nets; and a programme of refurbishment for our existing facilities.
We would like to thank you for all the support that we have received so far as it makes a huge difference in helping us to deliver these facilities, but we do need to ask for your help again.
Our planning application is currently going through the normal planning process at Brent Council and a second consultation on these proposals is being carried out until Tuesday 30th May. The reasons for this second consultation are because the relevant planning officer at the Council has changed and our development team has submitted additional technical information, as requested by the Council.
It is crucial that your voice is heard again as part of this consultation, so that we can show Brent Council how important this new facility would be for Kingsbury High School. Your backing is vital in helping us to achieve permission for these fantastic new facilities.
Please show your support in one of the following ways before Tuesday 30th May:
• Visit https://www.brent.gov.uk/services-for-residents/planning-and-building-control/planning-and-building-control-searches/, click on ‘Search planning applications now’ and enter the application reference number 16/0994 (which is unique to this application). There is a tab labelled View / Make Comments where, after a simple registration process, you will be able to leave a comment.
• Email firstname.lastname@example.org but please make sure to use the reference number 16/0994.
• Write a letter to the case officer, Terry Natt, at Brent Council, Brent Civic Centre, Engineers Way, Wembley, HA9 0FJ, making sure to quote the reference number 16/0994.
Every supportive comment, email and letter helps us to move one step closer to our aim of delivering these high-quality sporting facilities for our students. Some of the points that you may want to consider referring to include:
• The proposed site is often waterlogged and practically unusable between November and March each year, preventing delivery of the desired range and quality of teaching.
• The need for new sports facilities to enhance the existing sports curriculum and improve the extra-curricular offer for pupils.
• We have aspired for many years to construct artificial turf pitches for year-round use but have been unable to independently finance the investment.
• Pupils have to travel off-site for lessons, reducing the teaching time available and incurring additional costs for the school.
• There would be significant knock-on benefits for other schools in the local area through the Kingsbury High School School Sports Partnership.
• The facilities would offer significant benefits for the local community through a Community User Agreement which would allow free use of the facilities for local community groups at specified times.
We thank you very much for your ongoing support.
On Wednesday 17th May, Year 11 students attended a final assembly before their GCSE examinations commenced.
The day started with traditional shirt signings in their forms followed by an emotional assembly in the School Hall. The occasion was filled with a mixture of sentiments as the students were taken through their five years at Kingsbury High School. Students took to the floor to thank their form tutors and then after a musical interlude, they were send-off filled with emotions.
Stage Leader, Mr Das added “At Kingsbury we celebrate this important moment in their lives, confident that they are ready and able to take the next step. I look forward to their future with a great sense of optimism, and wish Year 11 good health, happiness and every success.”
A special thank you to Latalia, Antanaye, Ozioma and Ayomide for their dance performance as well as Anatanaye and Ayomide (singers), Gautam (bass), Fred (guitar) and Atrin (drums) for their Musical performance.
We wish all our Year 11s all the best for their exams and their future.
Watch KRUNCH performance of ‘Uptown Funk’:
On Friday 12 May one of KHS’ PE teachers, Sian High organised an all staff barn dance in order to raise money for the charity CALM. (Campaign Against Living Miserably)
This is part of her fundraising campaign during which she is also set to do a 44km walk from Crowley to Brighton.
‘I’m doing this walk in memory of my friend John Nemrova who recently took his own life. It breaks my heart to think that we couldn’t help him and didn’t recognise the signs.’ Sian said. ‘I want to try and raise awareness of the silent epidemic that is male suicide.’
The barn dance raised £180 and if you would like to help her raise money, you can use the link below to donate:
Our Young Enterprisers have been recognised with the Most Innovative Product award at the West London Final last night against fierce competition. Unfortunately this meant that this was not enough to reach the next round of the Young Enterprise contest, but we are proud of their valiant efforts to get this far.
A special mention must go to the winners from Greenford High School, who won with their idea of a children’s book helping to explain the plight of refugee children.
Please congratulate the Sixth Formers on their efforts if you see them, they will continue to sell ‘I Meme It’ after their exams, so please be on the lookout. Massive thanks to Rachel Kitley and Michael Senior for attending and lending their support on the night.
On Friday 28 April 6 staff couples and 12 students couples took on the ‘Students vs staff Badminton Tournament’ in order to raise Money for the St Lukes Hospice in Harrow.
The staff winners were Siew Lee and Kostas, a former science teacher and the student winners were Nakul Hirani and Mahima Vekaria.
Well done everyone for taking part in this fun and charitable Kingsbury event.